Monday, December 16, 2013

Living Hosts; the Real and Living Presence of Jesus

The last two posts were so that I could get to this one and because of it's length it looks like it will take a couple of them.  This topic was covered in a series of talks by Fr. Gary during a retreat.  I an not able to recreate it but wanted to explore all the passages in the Volumes which go into this.  Again to start with the passage which ties these last few together.




This is why I want to make the sanctity of living in my Will; in them, I will have no need of priests for Me to be consecrated, nor churches, tabernacles or hosts; but they will be everything together:  priests, churches, tabernacles and hosts.  My love will be more free; anytime I want to consecrate Myself, I will be able to do it - in every moment, day and night, in whatever place they might be.  Oh! how my love will have its complete outpouring.
Vol. 12, Nov. 27, 1917




With this it's clear that the era in which we live is not complete.  The rule of grace and all that we receive with the Sacraments is not Jesus' ideal and is too limited for his love.  Jesus has stated that with living in the Divine Will he will no longer be limited by the finite sacramental acts of priests in his pilgrim Church.  This is not saying that there will no longer be a Catholic Church or mass, celebrated by priests with communion.  God the Father is the conserver of all and he will always conserve his church in all her aspects just as he will always conserve his chosen people, the Jews.  But even in the catechism of the Catholic Church it recognizes that we are a pilgrim church moving toward a more perfect consummation, communion with God and a new Heaven and a new Earth.



The Hope of the New Heaven and the New Earth

1045  For man, this consummation will be the final realization of the unity of the human race, which God willed from creation and of which the pilgrim Church has been “in the nature of sacrament.”636 Those who are united with Christ will form the community of the redeemed, “the holy city” of God, “the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.”637 She will not be wounded any longer by sin, stains, self-love, that destroy or wound the earthly community.638 The beatific vision, in which God opens himself in an inexhaustible way to the elect, will be the ever-flowing well-spring of happiness, peace, and mutual communion. (775, 1404)
Catechism of the Catholic Church



Mutual communion between God and man where man can always partake from his "ever-flowing well-spring of happiness, peace, and mutual communion."  Mutual communion might just mean to some a two way communication but as is often the case there is a deeper meaning here which includes Eucharistic communion.  It means mutual where we are not the only ones to receive but God receives as well.  How can this be?  What would God stand to gain with this?



So, to the one who does my Will I say:  ‘You are my life, my blood, my bones.’  The true and real sacramental transformation takes place - not by virtue of the words of the priest, but by virtue of my Will.  As soon as the soul decides to live of my Volition, my Will creates Myself in the soul; and as my Will flows in the will, in the works, in the steps of the soul, she undergoes as many of my creations.  It happens just as to a pyx full of consecrated particles:  there are as many Jesuses for as many particles - one for each particle.  In the same way, by virtue of my Will, the soul contains Myself in her whole being, as well as in each part of it.  One who does my Will fulfills the true eternal communion – and a communion with complete fruit.”
Vol. 11, Aug. 20, 1913



Jesus states that living in the Divine Will is an eternal communion, yielding true and complete fruit.  So communion as we know it right now is neither true as God envisions it or complete.  Luisa, herself, questioned what Jesus told her not believing it to be something new.  She assumed he must be speaking of the mystical Life of Jesus formed in the hearts of those who possess his grace.  But he assures her that this is nothing less than his real life which is not possible to exist in those who live by grace alone but only can exist in those who live in the Divine Will.  In fact he states that where those who receive communion under grace he can only make a short visit before the sacramental species is consumed and he must leave however in those who live in his Will he must remain with his real life so that they might live in the Divine Will.  Therefore the two are inseparable, that is living in the Divine Will and possessing the true and real presence of Jesus within the soul.



And I: ‘My beloved Jesus, isn’t what you are telling something new and singular - that in one who lives in your Will You form your real Life? Isn’t it rather the mystical Life which You form in the hearts which possess your Grace?’ And Jesus: “No, no, it is not mystical Life, as for those who possess my Grace but do not live with their acts identified within my Volition - they do not have sufficient material to form the accidents in order to imprison Me. It would be as if the priest did not have the host and wanted to pronounce the words of the consecration. He could say them, but would say them to the empty space - my Sacramental Life would certainly not have existence. This is how I am in the hearts which, though they may possess my Grace, do not live completely in my Will. I am in them by Grace, but not in reality.” And I: ‘My love, but how can it be that You can live really in the soul who lives in your Will?’ And Jesus: “My daughter, do I perhaps not live in the sacramental host, alive and real, in Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity? And why do I live in the host in Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity? Because there is not a will that opposes Mine. If I found in the host a will opposed to Mine, I would form neither real nor perennial Life in it. This is also the reason why the sacramental accidents are consumed when creatures receive Me – because I do not find a human will united with Me in such a way as to want to lose its will in order to acquire Mine, but I find a will that wants to act, that wants do things on its own. So I make my little visit, and I leave. On the other hand, for one who lives in my Will, my Volition and hers are one. And if I do this in the host, how much more can I do it in her; more so, since I find a heartbeat, an affection, my return and my interest - which I do not find in the host. To the soul who lives in my Will, my real Life within her is necessary; otherwise, how could she live in my Volition?
Ah! you do not want to understand that the sanctity of living in my Will is a sanctity completely different from the other sanctities. Except for the crosses, the mortifications, the necessary acts of life which, done in my Will, embellish the soul more, it is nothing other than the life of the Blessed in Heaven who, because they live in my Will, by virtue of It, have Me within each one of them, as if I were for each one alone - alive and real - and not mystically, but really dwelling within them. And just as this could not be called life of Heaven if they did not have Me within them as their own life, and their happiness would be neither complete nor perfect if even a tiny particle of my Life were missing in them; in the same way, for one who lives in my Will, my Will would be neither full nor perfect in her, because my real Life, which emits this Will, would be missing. It is true that these are all prodigies of my love – even more, the prodigy of prodigies, which my Will has kept within Itself until now, and which It now wants to issue in order to achieve the primary purpose of the creation of man. Therefore, my first real Life I want to form in you.”
On hearing this, I said: ‘Ah! my Love, Jesus; yet, I feel so bad because of all these contrasts - and You know it. It is true that this serves me to abandon myself more into your arms, and to ask from You what they do not give me; but in spite of this, I feel a breath of disturbance that troubles the peace of my soul. And you are saying that You want to form your real Life in me? Oh, how far I am from this!’ And Jesus, again: “Daughter, do not worry about this. What I want is that you put nothing of your own, and that you obey as much as you can. It is known that all other sanctities - that is, those of obedience and of other virtues - are not exempt from pettiness, disturbance, conflicts and waste of time, which prevent the forming of a beautiful sun; at the most, they form a little star. Only the sanctity of my Will is exempt from these miseries. And besides, my Will encloses all the Sacraments and their effects; therefore, abandon yourself completely in my Will, make It your own, and you will receive the effects of the absolution, or of anything else which you might be denied. So, I recommend to you - do not waste time, because by wasting time you come to hamper my real Life, which I am forming in you.”
Vol. 16, Nov. 5, 1923




The Blessed in Heaven each possess a Jesus within themselves for themselves and it would not be Heaven if they did not.  We can now live on the earth and each possess our own true and living Jesus within ourselves for ourselves in the same way, transforming the earth beginning within the earth of our bodies and souls.  Saints have been enraptured by the power within the blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist and the innumerable grace we are able to receive from it when properly disposed but oh what attention we receive, and what benefits when we have Jesus with us always.



“With one who does my Will and lives in It, my love finds no obstruction; and I love her so much and have so much predilection for her, as to reserve to Myself alone everything that is needed for her:  both help and direction, both unexpected aids and unforeseen graces.  Even more, I am jealous that others might do something – I Myself want to do everything for her.  And I reach so much jealousy of love that, if I give to priests the authority to consecrate Me in the Sacramental Hosts so that I may be given to souls, with these souls, instead, as they keep repeating the acts in my Will, as they resign themselves, as they make the human will go out in order to let the Divine Will enter, I Myself reserve to Myself the privilege to consecrate these souls.  And what the priest does over the host, I do with them - and not only once, but every time she repeats the acts in my Will, like powerful magnet, she calls Me, and I consecrate her for Myself like privileged host, repeating over her the words of the Consecration.  And I do this with justice, because the soul, by doing my Will, sacrifices herself more than those souls who receive Communion and do not do my Will.  They empty themselves of themselves in order to place Me; they give Me full dominion, and if needed, they are ready to suffer any pain in order to do my Will.  And I cannot wait - my love cannot keep from communicating Me to them until when it is convenient to the priest to give them a Sacramental Host.  Therefore, I do everything by Myself.  Oh! how many times I communicate Myself before the priest feels comfortable to communicate her himself.  If it were not so, my love would remain as though hampered and bound in the Sacraments.  No, no, I am free; I have the Sacraments inside my Heart, I am the Owner of them and can exercise them whenever I want.”
Vol. 12, June 20, 1918


With possessing the Divine Will we possess Jesus too and everything of Gods including the source of all the Sacraments.  When Jesus is given a soul that wants to live in his Will he is no longer restricted in the circumstances of time and place and when a priest might be available to administer the sacraments to the soul.  He can give us in every moment of every day whenever he wants.

No comments: