Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crucifixion of the Divine Will






I think most Christians realize that Jesus died for all and each in particular as well as that he suffered for each individual sin as well.


After this, I seemed to find myself on mount Calvary, in the act of the crucifixion of Our Lord, and while He suffered the crucifixion, I could see – I don’t know how – all generations, past, present and future, in Jesus.  And since Jesus had everyone within Himself, He felt all the offenses that each of us would give Him, and He suffered for all in general, and for each individual in particular, in such a way that I could see also my sins, and the pains that He suffered for me individually; and I could also see the remedy that He administered to us, with the exception of no one, for our evils and for our eternal salvation.  Now, who can say all that I saw in blessed Jesus?:  from the first to the last man.  As I was outside of myself, I could see things clearly and distinctly; but finding myself inside myself, I see them all confused.  So, in order to avoid nonsense, I stop here.
Vol. 4, April 5, 1901



What some may not realize is that his crucifixion was not limited to either the three hours that he hung on the cross or the three nails by which he was crucified.  The Divine Will nailed every particle of his being and he remained crucified throughout his entire life from the moment of his conception.



How Jesus was nailed to the Cross in the Will of the Father.
This morning I was thinking of Our Lord in the act in which they were nailing Him to the cross; I was compassionating all of Him, and blessed Jesus told me:  “My daughter, not only my hands and feet were nailed to the cross, but all the particles of my Humanity, soul and Divinity were all nailed in the Will of the Father.  In fact, the crucifixion was the Will of the Father, therefore I was nailed and transmuted completely in His Will.  This was necessary because, what is sin but withdrawing from the Will of God, from everything that is good and holy which God has given us, believing to be something of one’s own, and offending the Creator?  And I, in order to repair for this audacity and for this self idol which the creature makes of herself, wanted to dissolve my will completely and live from the Will of the Father at the cost of great sacrifice.”
Vol. 7, February 23, 1906



...I was conceived crucified and died crucified.  My Cross was nourished by the Eternal Will alone, and therefore I was crucified for all and for each one.  My Cross marked everyone with Its emblem.
Vol. 14, June 6, 1922



It is only because of the Divine Will that Jesus was able to complete the Redemption for all mankind.  This universal act in the Divine Will is not restricted to Jesus but he wants this completeness of act in the Creature as well.

 
 
 
 The Divine Will forms the complete crucifixion in the soul.
 
I was lamenting to my sweet Jesus, saying to Him:  ‘Where are your promises?  No more cross, no more likeness to You.  Everything has vanished, and there is nothing left for me but to cry over my sorrowful end.’  And Jesus, moving, told me in my interior:
 

“My daughter, my crucifixion was complete - and do you know why?  Because it was done in the Eternal Will of my Father.  In this Will, the Cross became so long and so wide as to embrace all centuries and penetrate into every heart, present, past and future, in such a way that I remained crucified in each heart of creature.  This Divine Will put nails through all of my interior – into my desires, into my affections and heartbeats.  I can say that I did not have a life of my own, but the Life of the Eternal Will, which enclosed in Me all creatures, and which wanted Me to answer for everything.  My crucifixion could never have been complete and so extended as to embrace all, if the Eternal Volition had not been the Actor.
“I want that in you also the crucifixion be complete and extended to all.  This is the reason for the continuous call into my Will, for the spurs to bring the whole human family before the Supreme Majesty, and to emit, in the name of all, the acts which they do not do.  The oblivion of yourself, the lack of self-reflections, are nothing other than the nails that my Will puts.  My Will does not know how to do incomplete and small things; and forming a circle around the soul, It wants her within Itself; and extending her within the whole sphere of Its Eternal Volition, It places on her the seal of Its completion.  My Will empties the interior of the creature of all that is human, and places in it all that is divine; and in order to be more sure, It keeps sealing all of her interior with as many nails for as many human acts as can have life in the creature, substituting them with as many divine acts.  In this way, It forms in her the true crucifixion – and not for a time, but for her entire life.”
Vol. 12, May 15, 1920



Jesus states that true crucifixion is not the physical manifestation that we are accustomed to seeing of our Lord crucified on the cross but encompasses one's entire life.



...true crucifixion does not consist of being crucified in your hands and feet, but in all the particles of your soul and body. Therefore, I keep you more crucified now than before. How long did the exterior crucifixion of my hands and feet last? Only three hours. But the crucifixion of all the particles of my Being, and the crucifixion of my will in the Will of the Father lasted for my whole Life.
Vol. 10, Nov. 18, 1911



So there is to be a Divine exchange.  Where our human wills brought about the crucifixion of the Divine so the Divine wants to be the cross to the human will in a permanent bond.  But there is a great difference between the two.  The human will brings about a cross of suffering while the Divine cross brings about light, beauty and happiness.




The human will cross of the divine; and the divine cross of the human.  How in the Divine Volition things change themselves, dissimilarities don't exist.  How Jesus makes up for all that which can be missing to one who lives in his Volition.

            I feel the life of the divine Fiat in my soul, which wants to be my motion, my breath and heartbeat; he wants such union with the human will, that in nothing must one be opposed to that which he wants to do, otherwise he laments, is displeased and feels put on (the) cross by the human volition.  And my beloved, repeating his brief little visit with me said to me:
 
            “My blessed daughter, how much my Will suffers in the creature!  It is enough to say to you, each time that one does ones will it puts mine on (the) cross.  So that the cross of my Will is the human volition; but not with three nails, as I was crucified upon the cross, but with so many nails for how many times one is opposed to mine, how many times he is not recognized; and while he wants to do good, he becomes rejected with the nails of ingratitude.  How excruciating is this crucifixion of my Will in the creature; how many times he feels the nails put forth to his breath, heartbeat and motion, because not being known that he is life of the breath, heartbeat and motion, the human breath, motion and heartbeat, serve as nails that impede him from developing in them the good that (is) needed.  Oh, how he feels (on the) cross in the human volition!  He with his divine motion wants to make sprout the day in the human motion, and the creature puts the divine motion (on the) cross and with her motion she makes sprout the night and she puts (on the) cross the light; how my light sorrows in seeing itself repressed, crucified, put in the state of inability by the human volition!
            “With his breath he wants to make his breathed in order to give her the life of his sanctity, of his fortitude; and the creature, by not receiving it, puts forth the nails of sin, of her passions and weaknesses; my poor Will, in what (a) state of sorrow and of continuous crucifixion he finds himself in the human volition!  She does none other than to put (on the) cross our love and all the goods that we want to give her are filled by her nails.
            “Only one who lives in mine doesn’t put (on the) cross my Will; rather, I can say that I form her cross, but her cross is well different.  With mine my Volition knows how to put forth nails of light, of sanctity, of love, in order to make her strong with our own divine fortitude, which doesn’t give sorrows, rather, he renders her happy, beautiful with an enchanting beauty, and they are carriers of great conquests, and one who has tried it so much is the happiness that she feels, that she prays us, begs us that we hold her always (on the) cross with our divine nails.
            “From here she can not escaped; if two wills, human and divine, are not united, hers will form our cross and ours hers; rather, so much is our love and jealousy that we don’t leave her free not even a breath without our nail of light and of love, in order to always have her with us, in order to be able to say:  ‘That which we do she does, and she wants that which we want.’
            “Rather, you must know that as the creature enters into our Volition, all is transformed, the darknesses are changed into light, weakness into fortitude, poverty into riches, passions into virtue; such mutation happens that one is not recognized anymore from that of before; her state is no more of the most vile slave, but of noble queen, our divine being loves her so much that it races into her acts in order to do that which she does; and since our motion is continuous, we move and we love her, we move and we embrace her; our motion moves itself and kisses her, makes her more beautiful, sanctifies her more; in every motion we give her of ours; and in the emphasis of our love, we speak to her of our supreme being, we make ourselves known who we are and how much we love her.  Such identification passes between her and us, being one our Will with hers, that we feel her in our divine motion, and hers doing that which is ours, she loves us with our love, she gives our inaccessible light to us, in order to glorify our sanctity, in order to extol us and say to us:  ‘Holy, holy, three times holy you are; you enclose everything, you are everything.’
            “How beautiful it is to see the human littleness in our Volition, that holds in her power our divine being in order to re-give it to us, in order to love us and to glorify us as we want and we justly merit; in our Volition the parts make themselves equal, the dissimilarities disappear, our unity unites everything and everyone and makes it one single act of everyone, in order to make itself act of everyone.”
 
            In hearing this I understood the sanctity, the beauty, the greatness, of living in the Divine Volition, and I thought to myself:  It seems difficult to me living in him; how ever can the creature arrive to so much?  Human weakness, the circumstances of life, many times too painful, the unexpected meetings, the so many difficulties that one doesn’t even know what to do, divert the poor creature from a living so holy and that wants (from) us a highest attention?  And my sweet Jesus resuming his speech, with an inexpressible tenderness as to feel my heart burst, added:
            “My little daughter of my Volition, so much is my interest, my continuous yearning that I want that the creature live in my Volition, that when we have taken the accord, I and she, with firm decision that she must live in my Fiat, being my Will, I am the first to make the sacrifice.  In order to obtain the intent that she can live in him, I put myself at her disposition, I give her all the graces, light, love, knowledge of my own Will, in a way that she herself must feel the need of living in him; when I want a thing, and she with promptness accepts to do that which I want, it is I that think to everything; and when (she doesn’t do it) from weakness, from circumstance, not from will, from carelessness, I arrive to supply for and do that which she owed, and I cede to her that which I have done as if she might have done it.  My daughter, the living in my Volition is life that I must form it is not virtue, and life has need of motion and continuous acts; if this were not so it would not be life anymore, it could be at the most work that doesn’t have need of continuous acts but not life.  Hence when for involuntary indisposition, for weakness (she doesn’t do it), I don’t break the life, I continue it, and perhaps in those same indispositions there is yet that my Will permits those weaknesses; hence the will of the creature already races in mine.
            “And then (above) everything I look at the accord taken together, the firm decision made, of which there has been no other decision (to the) contrary, and in view of this follows the pledge of supplying for her in that which she lacks.  Rather, I double the graces, surround her anew with love, with new stratagems of love in order to have her be more attentive, I arouse in her heart an extreme need of living in my Will this need serves her as she feels the weaknesses thus she throws herself into the arms of my Will and prays him to hold her so very tight, so that she might be able to always live together with him.”

Fiat!!!
Vol. 36, Sept. 5, 1938



 
So the union of the cross is an eternal bond for which Jesus, with just having our firm decision, will supply for all that we might be lacking.  He even states that the bond of the cross is even longer lasting than the Sacrament of Communion.  When the species of communion are consumed the sacramental union ceases but the union established by the cross is forever.
 


Later, after I received Communion, having renewed in me the pains of the crucifixion, He added:  “My daughter, how precious is the cross!  See now:  in giving Itself to the soul, the Sacrament of my Body unites her with Me, It transforms her, to the point that she becomes one with Me.  But as the species are consumed, the union, truly established, ceases.  Not with the cross.  The cross takes God and unites Him with the soul forever, and It places Itself more surely as a seal.  Therefore, the cross seals God in the soul, in such a way that there is never separation between God and the crucified soul.”
Vol. 3, April 21, 1900
 
 
 
No wonder in the Hours of the Passions Jesus so ardently longs for the cross.  It not only secures the salvation of his beloved creatures but binds them to him in a permanent nuptial bond with him. 
 
 
 
 

They have you find the cross already prepared, which you are seeking with great longing.  You look at it with love and go straight to it, to embrace it.  But first you kiss it; and as a shiver of joy surges through your most holy humanity, you look at it with the utmost contentment, measuring its length and width.  You now establish the portion in it for each creature.  You endow them with sufficient cross in order to bind them to the divinity with a nuptial bond and make them heirs of the kingdom of heaven.  Then, unable to contain the love with which you love them, you kiss the cross again, and say to it:
 
                "Adorable cross, I embrace you at last!  You were the longing of my heart, the martyrdom of my love.  You, O cross, lingered until now, while my steps were always directed toward you.  Holy cross, you were the goal of my desires, the purpose of my existence here below.  In you I concentrate my whole being; in you I place all my children.  You will be their life and their light, their defense, their guard and their strength.  You will come to their assistance in everything and will bring them to me glorious, in heaven.  O cross, seat of wisdom, you alone will teach true holiness; you alone will form heroes, athletes, martyrs and saints.  Beautiful cross, you are my throne; and having to depart from the earth myself, you will remain in my place.  I give all souls to you as your dowry.  Keep them for me, save them for me; I entrust them to you."
 

The Hours of the Passion, Jesus takes up the Cross and Sets out for Calvary

No comments: