Friday, July 12, 2013

Hail Mary

When I'm having a hard time I often find myself praying the Hail Mary.  So today I'd like to spend some time on references to the Hail Mary as found in the Volumes.  Firstly, however, I wanted to share this site on the Internet which speaks of the powerful action of the Hail Mary when it is embraced.


http://www.heartsonfire.name/2013/05/the-hail-mary-is-a-powerful-prayer/



When we pray the Hail Mary we return to that moment in which Mary received the word of God becoming Mother of God and Mother of all mankind.  Here Jesus reminds Luisa of that moment.




“This happened also to my Celestial Mama, when She was told:  ‘I hail You, Mary, full of grace; You will conceive the Son of God.’  On hearing this, She was frightened, She trembled, and said:  ‘How can this happen?’  But She ended up saying:  ‘Fiat Mihi secundum verbum tuum.’  She felt all the weight of the All over Her nothing and, naturally, She was frightened.  So, when I manifest to you what I want to do with you, and your nothing is frightened, I see the fright of the Sovereign Queen being repeated; and compassionating you, I lift your nothing, I strengthen it, that it may endure sustaining the All.
Vol. 19, Jun2 15, 1926



He states that Mary was elect from all the generations and made "Full of Grace" so that she might fulfill the special role of taking on this role of "universal Mother."


So We acted in the Queen of Heaven. Everything was put aside – all the evil of the other creatures, and We occupied Ourselves only with Her; and We poured so much, that She was the Full of Grace, because She was to be the universal Mother, and cause of the Redemption of all.
Vol. 26, Aug. 3, 1929


Mary herself in the book, The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will states how it was the power of the Divine Fiat which brought about all of this in that very moment.



My dear child, today I await you more than ever.  My maternal Heart is swollen; I feel the need to pour out my ardent love with my child:  I want to say to you that I am the Mother of Jesus.  My joys are infinite; seas of happiness inundate Me.  I can say:  I am the Mother of Jesus; His creature, His handmaid, is Mother of Jesus - and I owe this only to the Fiat.  It rendered Me full of grace, It prepared the worthy dwelling for my Creator.  Therefore, always glory, honor and thanksgiving be to the Supreme Fiat.
The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will,  Day 20




So even when we struggle even saying one Hail Mary is a conduit of grace for us.



After I struggled very much, blessed Jesus came for just a little and told me:  “My daughter, when the soul disposes herself to do some good, be it even saying one Hail Mary, grace concurs in doing that good.
Vol. 6, Oct. 29, 1904




 Luisa was one day complaining to Jesus in that she didn't get to watch the feast of Mary on her Assumption into Heaven.  She discovers that in that moment Mary was first greeted with the Hail Mary, sung by the Angels and the Saints and that there is no greater praise or honor which can be given her than to renew the joy of that moment in which she received Jesus, becoming his Mother.




‘My sole and only treasure, You didn’t even let me watch the feast of our Queen Mama, or listen to the first canticles that the Angels and the Saints sang as She entered Paradise.’

And Jesus:  “The first canticle that they sang to my Mama was the ‘Hail Mary’, because in the ‘Hail Mary’ there are the most beautiful praises, the greatest honors; and the joy which She felt in being made Mother of God is renewed.  Therefore, let us recite it together to honor Her, and when you come to Paradise I will let you find it as if you had recited it together with the Angels and the Saints for the first time in Heaven.”
 
So, we recited the first part of the ‘Hail Mary’ together.  Oh, how tender and moving it was to hail our Most Holy Mama together with Her beloved Son!  Each word He said carried an immense light, through which one could comprehend many things about the Most Holy Virgin.  But who can say them all – especially because of my inability?  Therefore I let them pass in silence.
Vol. 2, August 15, 1899
 
 
 
This reminds me, a bit shamefully, that every word of the Hail Mary is powerful and how I should be mindful in reciting it instead of just rattling them off.  Each time we recite this prayer, especially in the Divine Will, we renew and repeat those moments; in the Annunciation and the Visitation and in her Assumption.  I don't believe that Mary will let one who recites this prayer with the intention of renewing her joy and honoring her ever go without sharing in her same joys, blessings and graces.
 
A very simple prayer but in it is all the power of the human Fiat uniting with the Divine, Heaven on earth, the incarnation.  How grateful we should be to have been given such a holy, blessed, and beautiful Mother.  http://littledivinelights.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-greatness-of-mary.html



 

No comments: