Friday, November 23, 2012

The salvation and the ruin of many

I've often been struck by peoples extreme reaction to the Divine Will.  There seems to be three main reactions that I've run into on those occasions where I speak to someone about kingdom of the Divine Will and Luisa Piccarreta.

The first and often the rarest is when someone recognizes the truth of it.  It seems they get very excited and animated.  They want to continue the conversation and don't want it to end.

The second, also not the most common, is extreme anger.  They seem to feel threatened by it and feel the need to denounce it and try to tear it down in anyone else's mind proving it to be false.

The third and by far the most common is the complete lack of interest.  It's as if I had said something in a foreign language and they look at me funny for a split moment then continue on to talk about anything else as if it had never occurred.

In Vol. 16 I came across this reading.

'Then, after some time, He came back again, and He made Himself seen inside of me, in the middle of a circle, and He was inviting souls to go up on it, so as to let them walk on that circle. I went up on it, never to descend again, and my lovable Jesus told me: “My daughter, this circle is my Eternal Will, which embraces the great wheel of Eternity. Everything that is inside this circle is nothing other than all that my Humanity did in the Divine Will in order to impetrate that my Will be done on earth as It is in Heaven. Everything is prepared and done; there is nothing left but to open the doors and make It known, so that souls may take possession of It. When I came upon earth to redeem man, it was said about Me that I would be the salvation and the ruin of many. The same will be said now: that this Will of Mine will be either of great sanctity – because my Will is of absolute sanctity – or of ruin for many. See, while rotating upon this circle, it is necessary to look inside of it, never outside, because inside of it there is light, knowledge, my strength and my acts, as help, attraction and life, so that souls may take the Life of my Will within themselves. Outside of It there is none of this; souls will find darkness and will fall into the abyss. Therefore, be attentive, keep your gaze always fixed into my Will, and you will find yourself with the fullness of the grace of living in my Will.”'
Vol. 16, Sept. 21, 1923

It seems to me it's no wonder it is so difficult to find large numbers of people who embrace and recognize the importance of living in the Divine Will.  It requires taking one's eyes off of oneself and keeping them fixed on God, and it seems everything in this world and especially in our culture today is geared to encourage us to look and focus on ourselves.  I believe this is why so may react to it with complete apathy.

It also seems to me to explain how some have such a violent reaction to it in that it would not only be foreign to embrace another's will outside their own but it would be to admit that there is something greater than what they are or what they have.

But for those who do embrace the Divine Will and trust in him knowing that by themselves they can do nothing the total effects are beyond our comprehension.


“My daughter, the effects of living in my Divine Will are admirable. My Fiat keeps the creature always turned toward Heaven, and It makes her grow, not of earth, but of Heaven; and since my Will is one with my same Will that operates in the creature, this same Will of Mine places the creature in order with her Creator and keeps manifesting to her Who the One is who created her, how much He loves her, and how He wants to be loved. And placing her before the divine reflections, It makes her Creator delight, by dint of reflections, in making grow and portraying His image in she who possesses the Will of He who created her, and makes her will one with His. And since my Fiat keeps her always turned toward Heaven – nor does she have the time to look at the earth, because she is absorbed by the Supreme Being; and even if she looked, all things convert into Heaven, because wherever It reigns, my Will has the virtue of changing the nature of things – so, everything is Heaven for the creature who lives in my Divine Will; she grows for Heaven, because the Heaven of my Divine Will reigns in her soul.
On the other hand, one who lives of human will is always turned toward herself, and by her looking at herself, the human will keeps uncovering for her what is human, and places her in the reflections of what exists in the low world, in such a way that it can be said that she lives of earth and grows without the likeness of the One who created her. There is such difference between one and the other, that if creatures could see it, all would love and yearn to live in my Fiat, and they would abhor living of human will, and would hold it as the greatest misfortune, which makes them lose the purpose and the origin for which they were created. It would happen as to a king who lays down his crown, his royal garments, descends from his throne, and clothes himself with dirty rags, feeds himself with filthy foods and lives in a stable together with the beasts of his passions. Would the lot of this one not to be cried over? Such is the one who lets himself be dominated his human will.”
Vol. 27, Feb 6, 1930

There is the potential for great gain and the potential for great loss.  Truly we have come again to a point in history where:   "This child is destined for the falling and the rising of many.." LK 2:34

No comments: