Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year gifts

There are two entries in the Volumes that mention the New Year.  Both mention gifts.  The first one is a gift Luisa wants to make to Jesus while the second is a gift Jesus makes to Luisa.  Luisa offers Jesus her will so that hers might end with the old year and his would have life in her.  Jesus goes on to tell her how so much of his life were examples and similes of how he wanted the human will to end, to return to it's origin.  He states that he gave us all these example throughout his life so that we too might follow him in calling his Kingdom, the Kingdom of the Divine Will in our every act.




My state continues in the flight of the light of the Divine Will, and I was praying the pretty little Baby that, just as the old year was dying never to be born again, so He would make my will die and live no more; and as present for the new year, He would give me His Will, just as I gave Him the gift of mine, so as to place it as footstool at His tender little feet, that it might have no other life but His Will alone.  Now, while I was saying this and other things, my sweet Jesus came out from within my interior, and told me:  “Daughter of my Will, how I love, want - yearn that your will may end in you.  Oh, how I accept your present!  How pleasing it will be for Me to keep it as soft footstool at my feet.  In fact, as long as it remains in the creature, outside of its center which is God, the human will is hard; but when it enters again into the center from which it came, serving as footstool at the feet of your little Baby Jesus, it becomes soft, and I use it to amuse Myself.  Is it not right that, little as I am, I have an amusement?  And that in the midst of so many sorrows, privations and tears, I have your will to make Me smile? 

Now, you must know that one who puts an end to her will, returns into the origin from which she came, and the new life, the life of light, the perennial life of my Will, begins in her.  See, when I came upon earth, I wanted to give many examples and similes of how I wanted the human will to end.  I wanted to be born at midnight, so as to break the night of the human will with the refulgent day of Mine.  And even though at midnight the night continues, it does not finish, it is yet the beginning of a new day; and my Angels, to give honor to my birth and to point out to everyone the day of my Will, from midnight on, gladdened the vault of the heavens with new stars and new suns, such as to turn the night into more than daylight.  This was the homage that the Angels gave to my little Humanity, in which resided the full day of the Sun of my Divine Will, and the calling of the creature into the full day of It.  Still little, I submitted Myself to the so very cruel cut of circumcision, which made Me shed bitter tears for the pain – and not only Me, but with Me cried my Mama and dear St. Joseph.  It was the cut of the human will that I wanted to make, so that creatures might let the Divine Will flow within that cut, and so that a broken will might have life no more - but only Mine, which had run within that cut in order to begin Its life again. 

Still little, I wanted to flee to Egypt.  A tyrannical and iniquitous will wanted to kill Me – symbol of the human will which wants to kill Mine; and I fled, in order to say to all:  ‘Flee the human will, if you do not want Mine to be killed.’  My whole life was nothing other than the calling of the Divine Will into the human.  In Egypt I lived like a stranger in the midst of that people – symbol of my Will, which they keep as though estranged within their midst; and symbolizing that whoever wants to live in peace and united with my Will, must live as though estranged from the human will.  Otherwise, there will always be war between the two of them - they are two irreconcilable wills. 

After my exile, I returned to my fatherland – symbol of my Will which, after Its long exile of centuries upon centuries, will return to Its dear fatherland, into the midst of Its children in order to reign.  And as I went through these stages in my life, I kept forming Its Kingdom in Me, and I called It with incessant prayers, with pains and with tears, to come to reign in the midst of creatures.  I returned to my fatherland and I lived hidden and unknown.  Oh! how this symbolizes the sorrow of my Will which, while living in the midst of the peoples, lives unknown and hidden.  And with my hiddenness, I impetrated that the Supreme Will be known, that It might receive the homage and the glory which are due to It.  There was nothing I did which did not symbolize a sorrow of my Will, the condition in which creatures put It, and a call I made in order to return Its Kingdom to It.  And this is what I want your life to be:  the continuous calling of the Kingdom of my Will into the midst of creatures.”
Vol. 20, Jan. 1, 1927




In this following passage, which was written well before the first.  Jesus also show how he likes to give presents on the New Year.  A hint of things to come, a ring that he has prepared to give Luisa when he will "espouse" her.  Even though it is to Luisa that he is speaking he holds all these gifts prepared for us as well, for the time when we too might be ready to receive them.



“Come, come to Me.  Today is the New Year, I want to give you a present.”  (That morning was precisely the first day of the year).  So, He drew His most pure lips to mine and poured a most sweet milk; He kissed me, He took a ring from within His side and said to me:  “Today I want to show you the ring I have prepared for you, for when I espouse you.” 

Vol. 1,   Luisa resists Jesus when he wants her to suffer, because the confessor’s consent is lacking.  Finally, Jesus imposes himself, communicating the state of suffering to her; and as proof to the confessor that this is his Will, he announces the outcome of the war between Italy and Africa.


Happy New Year.

No comments: