Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Fruitful Land

In today's first reading at mass I saw in the passage a glimpse of God's creature not only redeemed but sanctified and justified.  Jerusalem, the image of God's chosen spouse becomes his delight again.  God works tirelessly to win us back to him and vindicate us, taking us into a covenant of marriage.  We are the land and we become fruitful once again.

For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,
until her vindication shines out like the dawn,
and her salvation like a burning torch.
2 The nations shall see your vindication,
and all the kings your glory;
and you shall be called by a new name
that the mouth of the Lord will give.
3 You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord,
and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
4 You shall no more be termed Forsaken,
    and your land shall no more be termed Desolate;
but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her,
    and your land Married;
for the Lord delights in you,
and your land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marries a young woman,
so shall your builder marry you,
and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
so shall your God rejoice over you.
Isaiah 62:1-5

The land and earth are common images of the creature.  The name Adam means red/fair earth.  An even clearer example is found in the book The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will where she speaks of her birth.

'Child of my Heart, my birth was prodigious; no other birth can be said to be similar to mine.  I enclosed within Myself the Heaven, the Sun of the Divine Will, and also the earth of my humanity - but a blessed and holy earth, which enclosed the most beautiful flowerings.  And even though I was just newly born, I enclosed the prodigy of the greatest prodigies:  the Divine Will reigning in Me, which enclosed in Me a Heaven more beautiful, a Sun more refulgent than those of Creation, of which I was also Queen, as well as a sea of graces without boundaries, which constantly murmured:  “Love, love to my Creator.” '
The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will, Day 10

Mary was immaculate from the moment of her conception not containing the stain of original sin and therefore it's effects.  Because of this all her acts were holy and fruitful animated by the Divine Will as her human will was kept sacrificed to God.  These are the types of fruitful acts that we were created to do and because of original sin and it's effects we are then prevented from doing them so.
"You must know that I knew my human will only to keep it sacrificed in homage to my Creator.  My life was all of Divine Will; from the first instant of my Conception, I was molded, warmed and placed into Its light, which purified my human seed with Its power, in such a way that I was conceived without original sin.  Therefore, if my Conception was spotless and so glorious as to form the honor of the Divine Family, it was only because the Omnipotent Fiat poured Itself upon my seed, and I was conceived pure and holy.  So, if the Divine Will had not poured Itself upon my seed more than a tender mother, in order to prevent the effects of original sin, I would have encountered the sad destiny of the other creatures, of being conceived with original sin.  Therefore, the primary cause was, entirely, the Divine Will; to It be honor, glory, thanksgiving, for my having been conceived without original sin.

In the Our Father one line is often translated, "...on earth, as it is in Heaven."   If one looks at the King James Bible and in some other christian religions and languages that line is instead translated "...in earth, as it is in Heaven."  It's such a small word that it can be overlooked yet it has significant meaning.  We, ourselves, are the earth that Jesus is referring to in the prayer of the Our Father.  He is praying that his Kingdom will reign in the earth of each creature and in that way it will then become manifest upon the earth as well.

It is in allowing God permission to reestablish his Kingdom in us by giving him our will so that his might reign that we become fruitful again with our acts pleasing to God.  This also is the marriage of the creature to her "builder," God.  God can not live and reign in a divided kingdom but only in one where one Will reigns.  When this happens it is as marrying the creature and the permanent indwelling of God in his creature then occurs bringing with him all his manifold effects.


"My child, listen to Me:  look for nothing else, if you want to have everything in your power, and give Me the contentment of being able to make of you my true child, and child of the Divine Will.  Then will I take on the commitment of forming the marriage between you and the Fiat; and acting as your true Mother, I will bind the marriage by giving you the very Life of my Son as dowry, and my Maternity and all my virtues as gift."
The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will, Day 25


 

No comments: