Friday, January 4, 2013

The Circumcision

Just eight days after being born is when a baby in Jesus' day was circumcised.  It has many levels of meaning.  From the bonding and pledging of the Israel people to God, to the first wounding of humanity in the original sin, and transformed by Jesus into making the Divine Will re-enter into the human generations.  Here are the accounts I found in the writings.

Firstly by Mary,
"Now, dear child, you must know that the eighth day arrived after the Celestial Baby had been born to the light of the day, and the Divine Fiat sounded the hour of sorrow, commanding us to circumcise the charming little Baby.  It was a most painful cut which little Jesus was to undergo.  It was the law of those times that all the firstborn had to undergo this painful cut.  It can be called the law of sin, but my Son was innocent and His law was the law of love; but in spite of this, because He came to find, not the man-king, but the man degraded, in order to make Himself his brother and to elevate him, He wanted to lower Himself, and He submitted Himself to the law.
My child, Saint Joseph and I felt a shiver of pain, but intrepid and without hesitating, we called the minister and we had Him circumcised with a most painful cut.  At the bitter pain, Baby Jesus cried and flung Himself into my arms, asking for my help.  Saint Joseph and I mixed our tears with His; we gathered the first Blood shed by Jesus for love of creatures, and we gave Him the name of Jesus – powerful name, which was to make Heaven and earth tremble, and even hell; a name which was to be balm, defense, help for every heart.
Now, my child, this cut was the image of the cruel cut that man had done to his soul by doing his own will; and my dear Son allowed Himself to be given this cut in order to heal the harsh cut of the human wills, and, with His Blood, to heal the wounds of the many sins which the poison of the human will has produced in the creatures.  So, each act of human will is a cut that is given, and a wound that opens; and the Celestial Baby, with His painful cut, prepared the remedy for all the human wounds."
The Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will, Day 23


As Jesus states in Vol. 3 it is also a lesson in humility and how in humbling ourselves we draw closer to the truth and therefore closer to Jesus who is the truth.

 
Being very afflicted because of the privation of my highest and only Good, after much waiting and waiting, finally I saw Him come out from within my heart, crying, and making me understand with His eyes that He was hurting from the wound received in the Circumcision.  So He cried and expected me to dry the blood that was pouring from that wound, and to sweeten the pain of the cut.  I felt all compassion and confusion together, so much so that I did not dare to do it; however, drawn by love, I don’t know how I found a little cloth in my hand, and I tried as much as I could to dry the blood of Baby Jesus.  While doing this, I felt I was all full of sin, and I thought that I was the cause of that pain of Jesus.  Oh, how sorry I felt for Him!  I felt absorbed in that bitterness; and the blessed little Baby, compassionating my miserable state, told me:
“The more the soul humiliates herself and knows herself, the closer she draws to the truth; and being in the truth, she tries to push herself along the path of virtues, from which she sees herself very far away.  And if she sees herself on the path of virtues, immediately she realizes how much there is left for her to do, because virtues have no end – they are infinite, as I am.  So, being in the truth, the soul always tries to perfect herself, but she will never arrive at seeing herself perfect.  And this serves her, and it will make her work continuously, striving to perfect herself more, without wasting time in idleness.  And I, pleased with this work, keep retouching her little by little, in order to portray my likeness in her. 
"This is why I wanted to be circumcised – to give an example of highest humility, which rendered the very Angels of Heaven stunned.” 
Vol. 3, Jan. 1, 1900


Jesus also states how this is an example of how the creature must chose to put an end to the human so that the Divine might have life.  It is not an end to the human will however but a new beginning.  When transformed by Jesus in his Divinity a wounds brings healing not injury just as his death brings life.

"Now, you must know that one who puts an end to her will, returns into the origin from which she came, and the new life, the life of light, the perennial life of my Will, begins in her.  See, when I came upon earth, I wanted to give many examples and similes of how I wanted the human will to end.  I wanted to be born at midnight, so as to break the night of the human will with the refulgent day of Mine.  And even though at midnight the night continues, it does not finish, it is yet the beginning of a new day; and my Angels, to give honor to my birth and to point out to everyone the day of my Will, from midnight on, gladdened the vault of the heavens with new stars and new suns, such as to turn the night into more than daylight.  This was the homage that the Angels gave to my little Humanity, in which resided the full day of the Sun of my Divine Will, and the calling of the creature into the full day of It.  Still little, I submitted Myself to the so very cruel cut of circumcision, which made Me shed bitter tears for the pain – and not only Me, but with Me cried my Mama and dear St. Joseph.  It was the cut of the human will that I wanted to make, so that creatures might let the Divine Will flow within that cut, and so that a broken will might have life no more - but only Mine, which had run within that cut in order to begin Its life again." 
Vol. 20, Jan. 1, 1927


After this, I was thinking about the bitter pain which little Baby Jesus suffered in the circumcision. It is only eight days since He was born, and He submits Himself to a cut so painful. And Jesus, moving in my interior, added:

“My daughter, in the first epoch of his life, by sinning, Adam made a wound to his soul, through which the Divine Will went out and, in Its place, darkness, miseries, weaknesses entered, which formed the wood worm to all the goods of man. So, if he has any good without my Divine Will - if he has any at all, they are worm-eaten, moldy, without substance, therefore without strength and without value. And I, who love him so much, in the first days of my life down here, wanted to submit Myself to the circumcision, suffering a most cruel cut, to the point of snatching my baby tears. And by this wound I opened the door to the human will, to let it enter again into Mine, so that this wound of mine might heal the wound of the human will and might enclose man once again in my Divine Fiat, which would remove from him the wood worm, the miseries, the weaknesses, the darkness; and by virtue of my omnipotent Fiat, all of his goods would be redone and restored. Daughter, from the moment I was conceived and from the very first days of my being born, I occupied Myself with the Kingdom of my Divine Will and with how to place It in safety in the midst of creatures. These were my sighs, my tears, my repeated sobs, my pains, all directed toward reestablishing the Kingdom of my Fiat upon earth. In fact, I knew that no matter how many goods I might give him, man would never be happy, nor would he possess the fullness of goods and of sanctity, or have the insignia of his creation which constitute him king and dominator; he is always the man-servant, weak, miserable. But with my Will, and by making It reign in their midst, I would give him, in one single stroke of fortune, all goods, his royal palace and his lost dominion.
Vol. 25, Jan. 1, 1929




Jesus himself states that without his Will reigning within the creature despite any gifts God could give him otherwise man will always be an unhappy servant and not the king he was created to be.

No comments: