Friday, February 28, 2014

Forgiveness; Fruit of the Redemption

Honestly I thought I was done with this series on sin but it seems God wants another posting.  I've tried to focus on what I thought was the next step, Adam, but have not been able to focus on this topic at this time.  All it took was a traffic ticket to set me off.  Anger, pride, discouragement which led to sloth all came into play.  Obviously it doesn't take much for me to start taking a tour of the seven deadly.  It seemed the only thing I could focus on was forgiveness.  I needed to forgive the officer who was just doing his job and I needed to forgive myself and I needed God to forgive me and I wasn't feeling very forgiving at all nor did I even feel like praying which leads to this post. 




I wanted to continue to speak, but Jesus, making me see many devout souls and showing He did not want to hear what I wanted to tell Him, began again to speak:  “That which most displeases Me about these souls is their instability in doing good.  One little thing, one disappointment, even one defect, is enough; and while that is the time in which it is more necessary for them to cling more to Me, they become irritated, they get disturbed, and they neglect the good which they had started.  How many times I have prepared graces to give to them, but in seeing them so unstable, I have been forced to hold them back.” 
Vol. 2, June 19, 1899 


Ouch...



‘Lord, forgive those who renew for You these sorrowful steps, because too great is the weakness that man contains.’  At that moment blessed Jesus came for just a little and told me:  “My daughter, that which is said to be human weakness, most of the time is lack of vigilance and of attention from one who is leader – that is, from parents and superiors.  In fact, when a creature is watched over and checked, and is not given the freedom she wants, not receiving its nourishment, the weakness is destroyed by itself, while yielding to one’s weakness is nourishment to becoming worse in that weakness.”  Then He added:  “Ah, my daughter, just as the soul becomes impregnated with virtue like a dry sponge becomes soaked with water – that is, with light, with beauty, with grace, with love - in the same way, sin and the weaknesses that one yields to, impregnate the soul just like a sponge becomes soaked with mud – that is, with darkness, with ugliness, and even with hatred against God.”
Vol. 6, December 29, 1904



Double ouch....  And then there's the Our Father where we know that we must forgive to be forgiven.  It's only in this way that charity becomes perfect.




After this I added: ‘Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.’ So, charity also will be perfect. Then will forgiveness have the mark of heroism, as I had it on the Cross - once man has eaten the bread of my Will as my Humanity ate it. Then will the virtues be absorbed into my Will and receive the mark of true heroism and of divine virtues; they will be like many little rivulets which will gush forth from the bosom of the great sea of my Will.
Vol. 15, May 2, 1923



And then we need to feel sorrow for having offended God in order to receive forgiveness.




“My daughter, I had a special sorrow for each sin, and upon my sorrow hung the pardon for the sinner. Now, this sorrow of mine is suspended in my Will, waiting for the sinner when he offends Me, so that, as he feels sorrow for having offended Me, my sorrow may descend to feel sorrow together with his, and immediately grant him forgiveness. But, how many offend Me and do not feel sorrow? So, my sorrow and forgiveness are suspended in my Will, and as though isolated. Thank you, my daughter, for coming into my Will to keep company with my sorrow and with my forgiveness. Please continue to go around in my Will; and making my sorrow your own, cry out, for each offense: ‘Sorrow! Forgiveness!’, so that I may not be the only One who feels sorrow and impetrates forgiveness, but I may have the company of the little daughter of my Will, who feels sorrow together with Me.”
Vol. 18, October 21, 1925


Even more so going to Confession without being sorry for our sins is an offence to God and ends up hardening the sinner more so.




But, do not stop, keep flying, and you will hear the anguishing moans of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Penance. How much ingratitude, how many abuses and profanations, on the part of those who administer it and on the part of those who receive it. In this Sacrament, my Blood places Itself in act over the contrite sinner, in order to descend upon his soul, to wash him, embellish him, heal him and strengthen him, to give back to him the lost grace, to place in his hands the keys of Heaven, which sin had snatched away from him; to impress on his forehead the peacemaking kiss of forgiveness. But, ah! how many harrowing moans, in seeing souls approaching this Sacrament of Penance without sorrow, out of habit, almost as a vent of the human heart. Others – horrible to be said – instead of going to find the life of their souls, of grace, go to find death, to pour out their passions. So, the Sacrament is reduced to a mockery, to a nice chat; and my Blood, instead of descending as a bath, descends as fire, which withers them even more. And so, in each Confession, Our love cries inconsolably and, sobbing, repeats: ‘Human ingratitude, how great you are. Everywhere you try to offend Me; and while I offer you life, you turn the very life I offer you into death.’ See, then, how Our moans await your requital of love in the Sacrament of Penance.
Vol. 18, November 5, 1925



But the whole outpouring of the Redemption was just this to win man back to God through his tender, compassionate, merciful love, in order to forgive and to place the life of man back in safety.




On the other hand, in incarnating Myself in the maternal womb, Our ardor of Love which, as We could not contain it, overflowed from Us and did the same race as in Creation, was ardor of love, of tenderness, of compassion, of mercy, and it put at risk the Life of a God in order to find man and give him its kisses of love, tender and compassionate; its kisses of forgiveness; and enclosing the life of all creatures within its sea of love, it gave them the kiss of life, laying down its life of love to give life to man. Our Love reached the excess in the Incarnation, because It was not, as in Creation, love that celebrates, that rejoices, but sorrowful love, suffering love, sacrificed love, that would give its life to make a prey of the life of man.
Vol. 27,
December 18, 1929


Jesus repaired for everyone and everything that was done.  He sorrowed for each and every sin and obtained forgiveness for all.  We can join in his acts when we also repair for sin against God and in doing so he will not be outdone so he obtains forgiveness for such a soul in a special way and further embellishes her.




“My daughter, you are my goad – my love is cornered by your violences.  If you knew how much I suffer in seeing you suffer because of Me!  But it is Justice that wants to pour Itself out, and your very violences force Me to hide.  Things will rage more; therefore, patience.  Besides, know that the reparations done for others have done great good to you, because in repairing for others, you intended to do what I did, and I repaired for all, and also for you; I asked forgiveness for all, I grieved for the offenses of all, and I also asked forgiveness for you, and for you also I grieved.  Therefore, as you do what I did, you also take the reparations, the forgiveness and the sorrow I had for you.  So, what could do more good to you – my reparations, my forgiveness, my sorrow, or yours?  And then, I never let Myself be surpassed in love.  When I see that, for love of Me, the soul is all intent on repairing Me, loving Me, apologizing to Me and asking forgiveness for sinners, to give her tit for tat I ask forgiveness for her in a special way, I repair and love for her, and I keep embellishing her soul with my love, with my reparations and forgiveness.  Therefore, continue to repair, and do not raise conflicts between you and Me.”
Vol. 11, November 30, 1916



For as difficult as it might seem to us to dispose the creature to receive salvation through all the sufferings of Jesus in the Redemption he states that this was and is the easy part of his plan.  But forgiveness and salvation is first necessary in order to dispose him to receive the Divine Will and return him to his original state.



Oh! how much easier it was for Me to impetrate his salvation than to reorder his interior in my Supreme Volition. And had I not done this, Redemption would not have been complete, nor a work worthy of a God. I would have neither balanced nor ordered all the accounts of man, nor would I have restored in him that sanctity which he had lost by withdrawing from the Divine Will and by breaking his relations with It. The plan is already done, but in order to make it known, first it was necessary for man to know that with my Life and Passion he could obtain forgiveness and salvation, in order to dispose him to know how I had impetrated for him the greatest and most important thing – the new rising of his will in Mine, to give back to him his nobility, the relations with my Will which had been broken, and with it, his state of origin.
Vol. 16, August 13, 1923



Again Jesus affirms that in the Redemption, where Mary was placed as the head, his purpose was redeem and forgive man.  In this next part of his plan he will return man lost nobility to him with repairing the bonds of God's Will with mans will. 



It was just that she be little: if I placed a little one at the head of Redemption, I had to place another little one at the head of the Fiat Voluntas Tua on earth as it is in Heaven. Between two little ones I was to enclose the purpose of the creation of man - I was to realize my designs upon him: through one, I was to redeem him, wash him of his ugliness with my Blood, and give him forgiveness; through the other one, I was to make him return to his beginning, to his origin, to the lost nobility, to the bonds of my Will broken by him, admitting him once again to the smile of my Eternal Will
Vol. 16, November 10, 1923

No comments: