Friday, October 11, 2013

The value of an "I love you"

Time to return to the posts based on the "I love you" as there are still a couple more that are sitting in my draft pile that I need to process.  Here are a collection of passages that center on the true value of the "I love you."  It seems such a small thing but it's value is immense.  Luisa also questioned whether this was of any value or whether she would do better to in doing something else.


And as I seemed to reach the bosom of the Eternal One, making Their ‘I love you’ my own, I kept repeating, everywhere and upon each thing, a singsong of ‘I love you’s’ for my Supreme Lord. Now, while I was doing this, my thought interrupted my ‘I love you’, telling me: “What are you doing? You could be doing something else. And besides, what is this ‘I love you’? How special at all is it?’ And my sweet Jesus, as though moving hurriedly in my interior, told me: “What? How special at all is the ‘I love you’ for Me? My daughter, the ‘I love you’ is everything! The ‘I love you’ is love, is veneration, is esteem, it is heroism, it is sacrifice, it is trust toward the one to whom it is directed. The ‘I love you’ is to possess the One who encloses the ‘I love you’. The ‘I love you’ is a small word, but it weighs as much as the whole eternity! The ‘I love you’ encloses everything, envelops everyone; it diffuses, it restricts itself, it rises up high, it descends down below, it impresses itself everywhere, but it never stops. How can you say this, my daughter - how special at all is the ‘I love you’? Its origin is eternal; in the ‘I love you’ the Celestial Father generated Me, and in the ‘I love you’ the Holy Spirit proceeded. In the ‘I love you’ the Eternal Fiat issued the whole Creation, and in the ‘I love you’ It forgave guilty man and redeemed him. So, in the ‘I love you’ the soul finds everything in God, and God finds everything in the soul. Therefore, the value of the ‘I love you’ is infinite, it is full of life and of energy, it never tires, it surpasses everything and triumphs of everything. And so, this ‘I love you’ for Me I want to see on your lips, in your heart, in the flight of your thoughts, in the drops of your blood, in the pains and in the joys, in the food you take – in everything. The life of my ‘I love you’ must be very, very long in you, and my Fiat reigning in you will place on it the seal of the Divine ‘I love you’.

After this, a sun made itself present before my mind, at an extremely high point. Its light was inaccessible. From the center of it came out continuous little flames, each one containing an ‘I love you’; and as they were coming out, they placed themselves as though in order, around this inaccessible light. However, these little flames remained as though bound with a thread of light to that inaccessible light, which nourished the life of the little flames. These little flames were so many as to fill Heaven and earth. I seemed to see our God as the beginning and origin of everything; and the little flames - the whole of Creation - as a divine birth, and of pure love. I too was a little flame, and my sweet Jesus pushed me to take flight through each little flame, in order to place on them the double ‘I love you’. I don’t know how, I found myself outside of myself, to go around in the midst of those little flames and impress my ‘I love you upon each one of them. But they were so many that I would get lost; however, a supreme force would make resume the order and the round of my ‘I love you’.
Vol. 17, Aug. 2, 1925



Jesus wants the "I love you" from the creature and it seems as if it is his whole objective and not one "I love you" suffices but a continuous chain of "I love you"s to fill all of eternity.  We are called to be all love, as God is all love, and each little "I love you" matures and grows this life of love.



I thought to myself: ‘It shows that I am really a little child, who can say nothing but the little story she has learned. And then, what good comes to me by repeating ‘I love You, I love You…’ over and over again?’ But while I was thinking of this, my adorable Jesus came out from within my interior, showing my ‘I love You’ impressed everywhere in all of His Divine Person: on His lips, on His face, on His forehead, in His eyes, in the middle of His breast, on the back and in the center of the palms of His hands, on the tips of His fingers – in sum, everywhere. And with a tender tone, He told me: “My daughter, aren’t you happy that none of the ‘I love You’s’ that come out of you go lost, but all remain impressed in Me? And then, do you know what good comes to you by repeating them? You must know that when the soul decides to do some good, to exercise a virtue, she forms the seed of that virtue. By repeating those acts, she forms the water with which to water that seed in the earth of her heart; and the more often she repeats them, the more she waters that seed, and the plant grows beautiful and green, in such a way that it quickly produces the fruits of that seed. On the other hand, if she is slow in repeating, many times the seed remains suffocated; and if it comes out at all, it grows thin and never gives fruit. Poor seed, without enough water in order to grow. My Sun does not rise over that seed, to give it fecundity, maturity and a beautiful color to its fruits, because it is not fecund. On the other hand, by always repeating those same acts, the soul contains much water with which to water that seed; my Sun rises over that seed every time It sees it being watered; and It delights so much, knowing that it has much strength in order to grow, that It makes its branches reach up to Me; and in seeing its many fruits, I pick them with pleasure, and I rest under its shadow.

So, repeating your ‘I love You’ for Me procures for you the water with which to water and form the tree of love. Repeating patience waters and forms the tree of patience; repeating your acts in my Will forms the water with which to water and form the divine and eternal tree of my Will. Nothing can be formed with one single act, but with many upon many repeated acts. Only your Jesus contains the virtue of forming all things, and the greatest things, with one single act, because I contain the creative power. But the creature, by dint of repeating the same act, forms the good she wants to do, bit by bit. Through habit, that good or that virtue becomes her nature, and the creature becomes the possessor of it, and it forms all of her fortune. This happens also in the natural order. No one becomes a teacher by having read the vowels and the consonants once or a few times, but by repeating them constantly, to the point of filling his mind, his will and his heart with all that science that is needed in order to be able to be a teacher to others. No one feels satiated if he does not eat, bite after bite, the food that is needed in order be satiated. No one harvests the seeds if he does not repeat, who knows how many times, his work in his little field; and so with many other things. To repeat the same act is a sign that one loves, appreciates and wants to possess that very act which he does. Therefore, repeat, and repeat incessantly, without ever tiring.”
Vol. 18, Oct. 4, 1925




When the "I love you" is formed in the center of the Divine Will it contains a divine secret.  It is a divine birth and in God receiving this "I love you" it is as receiving himself.  Although little within this "I love you" it is infinite.  And God does not concern himself with whether what the creature does is little or great as we as creatures would judge but whether everything she does, even the smallest act, is originates from his Will and is filled with his love.





I was doing my round in the Divine Fiat, and according to my usual way, I was investing all of Creation with my refrain: ‘I love You, I adore You, I bless You…’. And while doing this, I thought to myself: ‘What am I giving to my God with this long story of “I love You’s”? And my sweet Jesus, moving in my interior, told me: “My daughter, a pure, holy and upright love is a divine birth. It comes from God and has the virtue of rising and entering into God so as to multiply these births from Him, and to bring God Himself to each creature who yearns to love Him. Therefore, when the soul is invested by this love and receives this birth, she can form other births for as many times as she says her ‘I love You’; in such a way that her ‘I love You’ flies before God; and the Supreme Being, looking inside the ‘I love You’ sent by the creature finds all of Itself in that little ‘I love You’, and feels It is being given all of Itself by her.

That little ‘I love You’ contains a prodigious secret; in its littleness it contains the infinite, the immense, the power, so much so, that it can say: ‘I give God to God’. In that little ‘I love You’ of the creature, the infinite Being feels all of Its divine qualities being sweetly touched, because since it is a birth from It, It finds all of Itself within it. This is what you give Me with your many ‘I love You’s’: you give Me Myself as many times. There is nothing more beautiful, greater and more pleasing you could give Me than to give Me all of Myself. My Fiat, which forms the life of your ‘I love You’ for Me in you, delights in forming many births from Us; so It keeps the rhythm of the ‘I love You’ in you, yearning always to mint the divine coin of your ‘I love You’ for each created thing. Then It looks to see whether all the things created by Us are beaded with the prodigious secret of your ‘I love You’. My daughter, We do not look at whether what the creature does is great or small; rather, We look at whether there is the prodigy of Our secret - whether her tiniest acts, thoughts and sighs are invested with the power of Our Will. This is all, and it is all for Us.
Vol. 24, April 26, 1928




If you knew the beauty, the value that the human will acquires when it enters and has continuous dwelling in the Divine Fiat, you would not lose one instant of living in It. You must know that as the human will enters into the Divine, Our light invests it and embellishes it of a rare beauty. The soul remains so identified, that she does not feel a stranger with her Creator; on the contrary, she feels that she is all of the Supreme Being, and the Divine Being is all hers; and with the freedom of a daughter, without fear and with enrapturing trust, she rises into the unity of the Will of her Creator, and, in this unity, the atom of the human will emits her ‘I love You’. And while she forms her act of love, all the Divine Love runs, surrounds, embraces, transmutes Itself into the ‘I love You’ of the creature, and makes it so great, for as great as is Our Love. And We feel in the little ‘I love You’ of the creature the fibers, the life of Our Love; and We give it the value of Our Love, and feel in the little ‘I love You’ the happiness of Our Love. This little ‘I love You’ no longer goes out from within the unity of Our Volition; and while it remains, it spreads so much within the orbit of the Fiat, that it does nothing but follow the Divine Will everywhere; and so with all the other acts which she intends to do in Our Will. You must think that a creative Will enters into the act of the creature, and therefore It must do worthy acts, as those which a Divine Will knows how to do, and which are befitting to It.
Vol. 28, July 9, 1930





I find it interesting that even with all these affirmations Luisa would continue to question the value of this practice as if Jesus himself is pushing her to this point just so he can reaffirm the value and importance of doing this and that even though she may not be able to see the effects God can as well as all of Heaven and it is the beginning of harmonizing Heaven and earth to bridge the divide.




I was continuing my round in the Divine Will, and repeating the refrain of the ‘I love You’, I was saying: ‘Jesus, my Love, I want to leave all of my being in your Fiat, so that I may find myself in all created things, to bead them with my ‘I love You’. Even more, I want to place my heart in the center of the earth, and as it beats, I want to embrace all of its inhabitants; and following all of their heartbeats with my ‘I love You’, I want to give You the love of each one of them. And as my heartbeat is repeated from within the center of the earth, I want to place my ‘I love You’ in all the seeds which the earth encloses in its womb; and as the seeds sprout and plants, herbs and flowers are formed, I want to place in them my ‘I love You’, that I may see them enclosed in my ‘I love You’ for Jesus…’ But as I was saying this, my thought interrupted the refrain of my ‘I love You’, telling me: ‘How much nonsense you are speaking. Jesus Himself must be tired of hearing your long singsong, ‘I love You, I love You…’

And Jesus, moving so very hurriedly in my interior, and looking at all Creation to see whether in all things, small and big, there was the life of my ‘I love You’, told me: “My daughter, what wonder, what enchantment, to see all things beaded with your ‘I love You’. If all creatures could see all the plants, the atoms of the earth, the stones, the drops of water, beaded with your ‘I love You’, and the light of the sun, the air that they breathe, the sky that they see, filled with your ‘I love You’, and the stars, shining with your ‘I love You’ – what amazement would not arise within them; what sweet enchantment would not draw the pupils of their eyes to look at your refrain and the long singsong of your ‘I love You’? They would say: ‘How is it possible that she let nothing escape her? We ourselves feel beaded with her ‘I love You’!’ And they would wander around checking and investigating everything, to see whether, in fact, nothing had escaped you, so as to enjoy the enchantment of your ‘I love You’. Now, if this marvelous enchantment remains unobserved by the terrestrial creatures, it is not unobserved in Heaven, and the inhabitants up there enjoy the enchantment and the marvels of seeing the whole Creation filled and beaded with your ‘I love You’. They feel their ‘I love You’ harmonize with yours; they do not feel separated from the earth because love unites them together, forming the same notes and the same harmonies. Moreover, you must know that when all things, small and big, were created, I never tired of beading them with my repeated and incessant ‘I love you’s’ for you; and just as I did not tire of placing them, so I do not tire of hearing them being repeated by you. On the contrary, I enjoy that my ‘I love you’ does not remain isolated, but has the company of yours; and as yours echoes in Mine, they fuse together and live a common life. Besides, love is never tired; rather, it is bearer of joy and happiness for Me.”
Vol. 24, April 29, 1928





This practice of saying "I love you" to God repeatedly forms a life within which always calls the creature to renew this act of the "I love you."  But it is more than this.  Jesus tells Luisa that these little acts, these little "I love you"s are in fact and truth each a new child.  And she becomes a mother of a long line of children.  These children are the joy and fascination of God himself and these children have the essence of their Father's eternal spirit, that is the Divine Will, formed within the mystery of the Trinity.  He states each "I love you" of the creature "forms the heat, and my Divine Will forms the light which, invading the 'I love You', forms the Sun..."   So that each act of "I love you" is in fact and truth a Divine birth and life.



 
 
“My daughter, you have forgotten that an ‘I love You’ in my Divine Will has the virtue that, after it is said once, it never stops saying ‘I love You, I love You…’. The ‘I love You’ in my Divine Will is life, and, as life, it cannot cease to live – it must have its continuous act. My Fiat does not know how to do finite acts, and everything that is done in It by the creature acquires continuous life; and just as the breath, the heartbeat, the continuous motion are necessary in order to live, so do the acts done in my Divine Will, having their origin in It, change into life, and, as life, they acquire the continuation of the act itself, without ever ceasing. Therefore, your ‘I love You’ is nothing other than the continuation of your first ‘I love You’. As life, it wants the nourishment in order to grow; the breath, the heartbeat, the motion, in order to live; and by your repeating your ‘I love You’, it feels the heartbeat, the breath, the motion, and it grows in the fullness of love, and it serves to multiply as many lives of love for as many ‘I love You’s’ as you say. If you knew how beautiful it is to see all Creation strewn with as many lives of love for as many ‘I love You’s’ as you say! So, one ‘I love You’ calls and demands with insistence another ‘I love You’. And this is why you feel a need, a necessity of love, to follow the race of your ‘I love You’. True good never remains isolated; more so in my Divine Will, since, It being life that has no beginning and no end, everything that is done in It is not subject either to ending or to being interrupted. Therefore, one ‘I love You’ serves to maintain and call to life another ‘I love You’; these are steps of life of love that the creature takes in my own Volition. Therefore, do not stop, and continue the race of your ‘I love You’ to the One who so much loves you.”
Vol. 28, May 2, 1930
 
 
 


I was doing my usual acts in the Divine Fiat, and for each created thing I repeated my long singsong of my ‘I love You’; but while doing this, I thought to myself: ‘I have become so used to it, that it seems I cannot do without saying, “I love You, I love You…”.’ Now, at that moment, my sweet Jesus moved in my interior, telling me: “My daughter, this continuous ‘I love You’ of yours is nothing other than the continuity of the first ‘I love You’ said in my Divine Will which, pronounced one time, has the virtue of repeating, with facts, that which was said once. The ‘I love You’ forms the heat, and my Divine Will forms the light which, invading the ‘I love You’, forms the Sun, one more radiant than the other. How beautiful is the life of the soul in my Divine Will! She acquires a long progeny - almost interminable. In fact, if she thinks, she delivers her thoughts within the divine mind, forming the long generation of her children in the mind of her Celestial Father; if she speaks, she delivers her words within the word of God, forming the long generation of the children of her word; if she operates, if she walks, if she palpitates, she delivers her works within the hands of her Creator, her steps within the divine feet, her heartbeats within the paternal Heart, forming the long generation of the children of her works, of her steps and of her heartbeats. What an endless generation one who lives in my Will forms for her Creator! She is the populator and the fecund mother that keeps the One who created Her always in feast, because each child is a feast that God feels being delivered within His womb by one who lives in His Will.”
And, all moved, He repeated: “How beautiful she is! How beautiful is the newborn of my Will! In her littleness she would want to engage in a competition with her Creator; she would want to give Him the occasion always to smile, and with childlike surprises capture His gaze, always fixed upon her, to show Him the long generation of her children.”
Vol. 24, June 29, 1928


 
 
 Again it is only in repeating these acts that the gift is given to the creature.  It forms the habit to care for the gift and truly appreciate it and only then is it given but not just as an object is given does God give.  Instead it becomes a new life, which can grow and always bestow new gifts to the creature.  In repeating these "I love you"s in the Divine Will, the life of the Love of God and the life of the Divine Will becomes formed in the creature so that it is truly hers.  And Luisa's asking has opened up the way for us to do the same. 
 
 


Then, I continued to follow the acts in the Divine Fiat, and I thought to myself: ‘I am always back to the start, repeating – always repeating the long story of my acts in the Divine Volition, the long singsong of my ‘I love You’. But what are the effects of it? Oh! if I could obtain that the Divine Will be known and reign upon earth, at least it would be for me so much the better.’ But while I was thinking of this, my beloved Jesus clasped me to His Divine Heart, and told me: “My daughter, firmness in asking forms the life of the good that is asked for; it disposes the soul to receive the good that she wants, and moves God to give the gift that is asked for. More so, since with the many repeated acts and prayers that she has done, she has formed within herself the life, the exercise, the habit of the good that she asks for. God, won by the firmness of her asking, will give her the gift; and finding in the creature, by virtue of her repeated act, as though a life of the gift that He is giving her, He will convert the good asked for into her nature, in such a way that the creature will feel herself as the possessor, and victorious in feeling transformed into the gift she has received. Therefore, your asking incessantly for the Kingdom of my Divine Will forms in you Its Life; and your continuous ‘I love You’ forms in you the Life of my Love. And since I have given you the gift of both one and the other, you feel within yourself as if your nature felt nothing other than the vivifying virtue of my Will and of my Love. Firmness in asking is the assurance that the gift is yours. And asking for the Kingdom of my Divine Will for all, is the prelude that others can receive the great gift of my Supreme Fiat. Therefore, continue to repeat, and do not tire.”
Vol. 28, March 24, 1930




Jesus never tires of hearing the "I love you" of the creature.  Instead in it he finds the reflection of his own love which he states he is a "complex of love."  And it is only in repeating these acts that the Life of his Love can reach it's maturity.
 


“My daughter, true love, accompanied also by the words ‘I love You’, never brings Me tiredness, because, I being a complex of love and a continuous act of love, as I never cease to love, when I find my Love in the creature, I find Myself; and the sign that her love is a birth from my Love is when it is continuous. An interrupted love is not the sign of Divine Love; at the most, it can be a love of circumstances, an interested love, such that, as these cease, love ceases. And also the words ‘I love You, I love You’, are nothing other than the air that my Love produces in the creature, which, condensed within her, produces as though many flashes of little flames toward the One whom she loves. And I, when I hear you say ‘I love You, I love You’ - do you know what I say? ‘My daughter is flashing in the air of her love toward Me, and one flash does not wait for another.’ And besides, all continuous acts are those which have the virtue of preserving, nourishing and growing the life of creatures. See, also the sun rises every morning and has its continuous act of light; nor can it be said that by rising every day it tires men and the earth; rather, the complete opposite – all long for the rising of the sun, and only because it rises every day does it form the nourishment of the earth. Day after day, it keeps nourishing, little by little, the sweetness in the fruits, until it makes them reach perfect maturation; it nourishes the varied tints of colors for the flowers, the development for all the plants; and so with all the rest. A continuous act can be called perennial miracle, though creatures do not pay attention to it; but your Jesus cannot do without paying attention, because I know the prodigious virtue of an act never interrupted. Therefore, your ‘I love You’ serves to preserve, nourish and grow the Life of my Love in you; if you do not nourish It, It cannot grow, nor receive the multiplicity of the sweetnesses and the variety of the divine colors which my Love contains.”
Vol. 28, Oct. 18, 1930


No comments: