Friday, April 19, 2013

The Three Daily Breads

In the Our Father there has often been theories on what Jesus  meant when he prayed "give us this day our daily bread."  You can read here on what Catholic teaching say on this matter:  http://catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0615.html   In the Volumes he tells us exactly what he means by this.



...And when my ‘Fiat Voluntas Tua’ has Its fulfillment ‘on earth as It is in Heaven’, then will the complete fulfillment of the second part of the Our Father take place - that is, ‘Give us this day our daily bread.’ I said:‘Our Father, in the name of all, I ask You for three kinds of bread each day: the bread of your Will, or rather, more than bread, because if bread is necessary two or three times a day, this one is necessary at each moment, in all circumstances. Even more, it must be not only bread, but like balsamic air that brings life - the circulation of the Divine Life in the creature. Father, if this bread of your Will is not given, I will never be able to receive all the fruits of my Sacramental Life, which is the second bread we ask of You every day. Oh! how my Sacramental Life feels discomforted, because the bread of your Will does not nourish them; on the contrary, it finds the corrupted bread of the human will. Oh! how disgusting it is to Me! How I shun it! And even though I go to them, yet I cannot give them the fruits, the goods, the effects, the sanctity, because I do not find Our bread in them. And if I give something, it is in small proportion, according to their dispositions, but not all the goods which I contain; and my Sacramental Life is patiently waiting for man to take the bread of the Supreme Will, in order to be able to give all the good of my Sacramental Life. See then, how the Sacrament of the Eucharist - and not only It, but all the Sacraments, left to my Church and instituted by Me - will give all the fruits which they contain and complete fulfillment, when Our bread, that is, the Will of God, is done on earth as It is in Heaven.
           Then I asked for the third bread - the material one. How could I say: ‘Give us this day our bread’? In view of the fact that, as man would do Our Will, what was Ours would be his, and so the Father would no longer have to give the bread of His Will, the bread of my Sacramental Life and the daily bread of natural life, to illegitimate, usurping, evil children, but to legitimate and good children, who would share in the goods of their Father; it is because of this that I said: ‘Give us our bread.’ Then will they eat the blessed bread; everything will smile around them, and Heaven and earth will carry the mark of the harmony of their Creator.
           After this I added: ‘Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.’ So, charity also will be perfect. Then will forgiveness have the mark of heroism, as I had it on the Cross - once man has eaten the bread of my Will as my Humanity ate it. Then will the virtues be absorbed into my Will and receive the mark of true heroism and of divine virtues; they will be like many little rivulets which will gush forth from the bosom of the great sea of my Will.
           And if I added, ‘And lead us not into temptation’ - how could God ever lead man into temptation? - it was because man is always man, free in himself, since I never take away from him the rights I gave him in creating him; and he, frightened and fearful of himself, tacitly cries out, and prays without expressing it with words: ‘Give us the bread of your Will, that we may reject all temptations; and by virtue of this bread, deliver us from every evil. Amen.’
           See, then, how all the goods of man find again their connection, the tight bond of the ‘Let Us make man in Our image and likeness’, the validity of each of his acts, the restitution of the lost goods, as well as the signature and the assurance that his lost happiness, both terrestrial and celestial, is given back to him. Therefore, it is so necessary that my Will be done on earth as It is in Heaven, that I had no other interest, nor did I teach any other prayer but the ‘Our Father’. And the Church, faithful executor and depository of my teachings, has it always on Her lips, and in every circumstance. And everyone - learned and ignorant, little and great, priests and lay people, kings and subjects - all pray to Me that my Will be done on earth as It is in Heaven.                    
Vol. 15, May 2, 1923




Jesus asks for three breads for creatures:  the bread of the Divine Will, the bread of his Sacramental Life, and the daily bread of natural life.  The Material bread serves to maintain the physical body of the creature and although he says the first and most important is the Bread of his Will the Material bread serves as a concrete example of the works of God in the creature.




“My daughter, the material bread is food and life for the body, and there is no particle of the body which does not receive life from that bread.  In the same way, God is food and life of the soul, and there must be no particle which does not take life and food from God – that is, animating all of oneself in God, nourishing one’s desires in God, and making one’s affections, inclinations and love take life and food in God, in such a way as to enjoy no other food but God alone.  But – oh, how many let their souls feed on all sorts of filth!”
Vol. 7, May 6, 1906




The bread of his Sacramental Life serves as a remedy for sick man.  A cure for all maladies.  It is dependent however on the will of the creature and if they do not wish or desire true change there is no effect of good.  Only with the coming of the Kingdom of the Divine Will will the creature be always disposed to receive his Sacramental Life, not as remedy since they will then be whole and healthy but as new joys and happinesses.




Then, after this, I was following, in the Divine Will, what Jesus has done in Redemption; and my sweet Jesus, coming back, added: “My daughter, my Redemption came as remedy for man, and therefore It serves as remedy, as medicine, as food, for the sick, for the blind, for the mute, and for all kinds of maladies. And because they are sick, they do not enjoy nor receive all the strength which all the remedies that I came to bring them for their good contain. The Eucharistic Sacrament which I left as food in order to give them perfect health - many eat It over and over again, but they appear always sick. Poor food of my very Life, hidden under the veils of the accidents of the bread – how many corrupted palates, how many undigesting stomachs, which prevent creatures from enjoying the taste of my food, and from digesting all the strength of my Sacramental Life. And so they remain infirm; and because they are members feverish in evil, they take it with no appetite. This is why I long so much for the coming of the Kingdom of the Supreme Fiat – because, then, everything I did in coming upon earth will serve as food for those who enjoy perfect health. What is not the difference between a sick person who takes the same food, and someone else who enjoys perfect health? The infirm one takes it without appetite, without taste, and it serves him in order to sustain himself and not die. The healthy one takes it with appetite, and because he enjoys it, he takes more, and preserves himself strong and healthy. So, what will not be my contentment in seeing that, in the Kingdom of my Will, everything I did will serve no longer as food for the sick, but as food for the children of my Kingdom, who will be all full of vigor and in perfect health? Even more, by possessing my Will, they will possess my permanent Life within them, just as the Blessed in Heaven possess It. So, my Will will be the veil that will hide my Life in them. And just as the Blessed possess Me within themselves as their own life, because true happiness has its origin inside the soul, and so the happiness which they receive continuously from the Divinity holds hands and exchanges the kiss with the happiness which they possess inside, and this is why they are fully happy; in the same way, the soul who possesses my Will will have my perennial Life within her, which will serve her as continuous food – not once a day, like the food of my Sacramental Life. In fact, my Will will make greater display, nor will It be content with giving Itself once a day, but It will give Itself continuously, because It knows that these have pure palates and strong stomachs to be able to enjoy and digest, in every moment, the strength, the light, the Divine Life. And the Sacraments, my Sacramental Life, will serve as food, as delight, as new happiness for the Life of the Supreme Fiat which they will possess.

The Kingdom of my Will will be the true echo of the Celestial Fatherland, in which, while the Blessed possess their God as their own life, they receive Him into themselves also from the outside. So, inside and outside of themselves, Divine Life they possess, and Divine Life they receive. What will not be my happiness in giving Myself sacramentally to the children of the Eternal Fiat, and in finding my own Life in them? Then will my Sacramental Life have Its complete fruit; and as the species are consumed, I will no longer have the sorrow of leaving my children without the food of my continuous Life, because my Will, more than sacramental accidents, will maintain Its Divine Life always with Its full possession. In the Kingdom of my Will there will be neither foods nor communions that are interrupted – but perennial; and everything I did in Redemption will serve no longer as remedy, but as delight, as joy, as happiness, and as beauty ever growing. So, the triumph of the Supreme Fiat will give complete fruit to the Kingdom of Redemption.”
Vol. 20, Nov. 2, 1926



It is the Divine Will alone which provides for everything for the creature and completes every part of Gods plan.  By possessing the Divine Will the creature comes to possess everything else as well.


32 For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.
Matt. 6:32-34



My Will absorbs everything and melts everything within Itself; and the soul remains absorbed in my Will - she feeds herself with It, in It she walks, she knows my Will alone, and my Will is enough for her in everything. One can say that, among all, she is the only fortunate one who does not need to beg for bread - no; but the water of my Will inundates her above and below, to the right and to the left. If she wants food, she eats; if she wants strength, she finds it; if she wants to sleep, she finds the softest bed to rest upon. Everything is ready, at her disposal.”
Vol. 13, Sept. 28, 1921



 

No comments: